Saturday, May 4, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 5/4/2024

I didn't want to deal with the Access Surf crowd at WPB - and the wind was supposed to be really strong, so I figured I'd head over to Hickam to do some speed runs.

When I got there, the wind was actually pretty up and down...


I figured I could still get away with small gear - No.32 with the PC 85cm mast and the Eagle 890/DW190.  I didn't rinse the Ezzy Flight 4.0 yesterday so I figured I'd pump it up and get it wet (and rinse it afterwards).


It actually took a while for me to pick up a gust to get up on foil.  But once I did - I was able to stay up for a while.


Harris and Anson were out at Firsts - and so were three Wavestormers (not surfers - they were pretty much just bobbing around in the middle of the break).  They didn't have enough arm strength to paddle into the waves that were breaking - and after the wingers were riding all the waves, they finally moved on (just sitting in the channel).

The wind angle and the waves were lining up where I could slam tacks at the top of the wave - really made a difference in the fun level in smallish waves. 


And then the clouds moved in - the wind turned flukey and riding became pretty hard (in fact I was just floating inside waiting to pick up a gust to head back in).


And this is the only reason the Ezzy Flight 4.0 isn't perfect - there is no low end with this wing.  That is countered by the fact that I haven't found the top end limit - when there is wind, this is an amazing wing!


Lots of guys out - Harris, Jesse, Matt, Anson, Arvin, Tim, Jim - I might be missing a couple.

Fun session!

W:57/FD:28/F:4/S:9

No comments: