Friday, May 10, 2024

Evening Session - 5/10/2024

Today was pretty shitty - I got caught up in a scam and had to call my bank to unwind it.  That totally stressed me out.  I really needed this session today...

I swapped out the Spitfire 960 for the Spitfire 840 - then moved the Foil Drive unit up about a 1/4"


This setting felt perfect -


But when you looked at the video footage Marlon took, you can see how back footed I foil.  I'm not sure if it was the Foil Drive position, or if this is how I normally ride (Marvin says I'm backfooted - I guess this is what he means) - but the foil and board felt very comfortable to me.


I love the 840!!!  The combo with the Skinny 365 was incredible!!!!  I gained a ton of maneuverability and probably only lost a fraction of the early lift (to catch waves early).  I did lose pumpability, but I don't mind the tradeoff.


Looks like the takeoff spot was concentrated - pretty cool pattern actually.


Marvin and I were talking to Roland before heading out - he is slowly moving over to the Foil Drive side.  And I heard him yelling a couple of times while I was riding.  I stopped by to talk a bit - then proceeded to catch a bunch more waves.  It was crowded on the inside... I am so thankful for the Foil Drive and the freedom it brings!

Let's call this 18 waves - which would be consistent with the past few days.  But these rides were really long - 


This has been an incredible run of surf for me - using the Foil Drive and not having to compete for waves, riding large waves and hitting ridiculous speeds on foil - incredible doesn't do these sessions justice.

W:58/FD:33/F:4/S:9

No comments: