Friday, May 17, 2024

Evening Session - 5/17/2024

A new swell moved in today.  But there was a slight onshore breeze that came with it.  And it being new, the waves were not entirely spread out yet - and they were running into each other.

But there was size - the report was calling it 4-6' - I'd agree.


I used the same gear as I have been using lately (Spitfire 840).


The waves were breaking closer to shore - I had to paddle a little further to deep enough water.  Then I burned about 10% of the battery getting to the far outside.


I actually had a hard time catching, and subsequently riding the waves today.  The muted sunlight made it hard to see the shape of the wave for one.  Another excuse was the fast moving waves - with the 840 on, I needed more power to get to foiling speed quickly.  By the time I got to foiling speed the wave had passed me by or flattened out.  I had to move a bunch to get to points where I could pick up the waves.


I got about 10 rides in an hour, so almost my norm.


I think tomorrow I'll turn the latency way down and turn the power back up to high.  But I'll look at the conditions first and see if the waves have gotten some separation to them.

W:58/FD:35/F:4/S:10

No comments: