Friday, May 3, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 5/3/2024

Strong winds today!


Strong enough to use the Ezzy Flight 4.0!!!  I setup the SK8950/C200 on the 85cm PC mast bolted to No.32 to accompany the wing.  I figured if the wind lightened up, I would stand a better chance of getting back up on foil with the 950 (instead of the 750).


And the stats should speak for themselves - great session!!!

Waves were breaking on the outside and with the east winds it lined up nicely.


Lots of people out winging today - Kalani, me, the Slingshot guy, Prayot, Roland and Eli.  And Robby was out on his Foil Drive.

I got in a bunch of heelside tacks onto incoming waves, one of which I whipped around pretty hard and actually hurt my neck (just a little).

And with the stronger wind, I got in three toeside tacks.  They are starting to get a little easier.


Looks like I hit this peak a few times over the session.  The Ezzy definitely proved to be faster, higher pointing and more luffable than the other wings I've been using - its a really good wing.

There was some fluttering - a little further down the wing than the 5.0 (after the 2nd batten) - but it was actually really minor.  



Super fun session today!!!

I think I may hit Hickam tomorrow and get in some speed runs with the Eagle 690.

W:56/FD:28/F:4/S:9

No comments: