Sunday, June 2, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 6/2/2024

Winged Hickam again - Kalani, Zack and Prayot were out at the same time.

I used the SK8 950/Carve 200 on the Evolution Cedrus mast bolted to No.36.

I settled on using the Reedin SW2 4.7 - the wind was pretty much like yesterday - strong but not connecting.  I think the Reedin has more low end than the North Mode Pro - I didn't want a repeat of yesterday...


Prayot brought out his new AFS Silk 1050.  Here it is lined up against the Takuma Kujira 1210.


Pretty darn similar (came from the same designer so it should be similar)


And here's Prayot using his Silk 850 (photo grab from video shot by Anson - who was on his Foil Drive).


The waves were big on the sets - definitely a few feet overhead.  With the high tide they would peak, then back off.  There were a ton of surfers in the lineup when I first got out to Firsts - but they could catch anything because of the strong side off winds, but also because they suck.  They were just clogging the lines.  The boat came out and miraculously took them all away! 


I caught plenty, and even a few bombers from the big sets.


I could feel the wind shifting a bit (just like yesterday when the bottom dropped out) so I headed in and practiced my toe-side tacks.  With the "hold the back handle as long as possible" tip, these tacks have become nearly as easy as the heelside ones.


Plenty of time up on foil today - even if the winds weren't entirely steady and filled in.

Jesse, Jim and Harris took the second session - I was pooped.


W:66/FD:40/F:4/S:12

No comments: