Saturday, June 8, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 6/8/2024

Dawn patrolled at Hickam with Marvin.  Super light wind, low tide and some good-sized surf still coming through.


From the boat ramp, the set waves looked pretty darn big - reminiscent to yesterday, but the forecast also said the waves have dropped a notch.  With that info, I swapped out the SF840 to the SF900 - all else was the same as the recent outings.

Marvin came to the realization yesterday that the NoLimitz (being super light) mast was not necessarily good for foil drive-ing in larger waves.  He brought out his Project Cedrus classic 85cm mast today. 


I motored out and was at 95%.

The wind and the crowd were light.


Marvin had a much easier time holding the foil down in the cleaner conditions.


There were some good waves still coming through.  The JL wave hogger was at Firsts (probably got yelled at over at Seconds).  But other than that, I got to ride the ones I wanted (and still let the SUP guys take what they wanted - plenty of waves for everyone).


I'm going to conservatively say I got 16 rides today.

Fun session!

W:67/FD:43/F:4/S:12

No comments: