Thursday, June 6, 2024

Evening Session - 6/6/2024

I've been sick for the past couple of days (still kinda sick) so I've been out of the water.

Today the wind was a little onshore (but light), the tide was really high at 2.4', the swell was running 3 to 4'+

Marlon brought the longboard I shaped him a while back (he is almost finished with the one he worked on).


I brought the standard fare, but switched out the SF960 for Harris's SF900


Roland was out on his mid-length and Duke went prone foiling.  By the time I got outside, I saw that Robby had been there already (nice to know there is somebody else hanging that far outside).


With the high tide, the decent sized swell wasn't pitching lip.  There were still some breakers on the outside, but not like one of the earlier swells.  With the SF900, I could get up earlier (like with the SF960) so I could line up the drop in a more controlled manner, but the top end speed would get limited sooner than the SF840.  Not a surprise how this foil behaves.

I'd catch waves and then peel off of them before I got to the longboard lineup (give them a chance).

On a few of the waves, I'd see a closeout so I would bail a little early.  There was one where I think I breached... makes you wonder if that would have been different with a taller mast...


18 waves in an hour and 20 minutes.  And 23mph... pretty nuts!


So today I learned the SF960 would definitely been too big, the SF900 was too big sometimes, and the SF840 would have been too small sometimes.  Or my mast is too short.

W:67/FD:41/F:4/S:12

No comments: