Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 6/19/2024

And then the wind kicked in - all chores and garage works were placed on hold, and out for testing some new (to me) stuff.

Conditions were similar to yesterday, but slightly stronger and more consistent wind.


I pumped up the SW2 4.7 (same as yesterday), but everything else got switched up.

I set up this new (to me) 90cm Project Cedrus Aluminum mast.  And I bolted on the Advance Plus Crazy Short fuselage, and the Spitfire 840/P325


Kalani was at the parking lot when I pulled up.  He's had to get the demo Code 850S back to Robby so he wanted to put it through it paces one last time.

Robby was out Foil Driving - Norm, Roland and Derek rounded out the rest of the crew today. 


I got some frequent flyer miles logged today.


I've said this before - the Spitfire 840/325P combo is the closest I've come to in winging to surfing good waves on a performance shortboard.  The F One SK8 carves like a dream, but the smaller Spitfire slashes.  It is abrupt, and there are pitch fluctuations - but I think that all adds to the appeal of this foil in the surf (powered by a wing).

And having the extra mast height on the 90cm was a huge deal - breaching isn't on my mind when riding waves.  I had a lot of back-to-back waves where I'd ride one out, head back out only to tack onto the incoming and ride it out.  I'm way more sore this evening than I've been in a while - that Spitfire....


There were a few lulls I had to wait out - but there was good wind throughout the session.

When Derek came out, so did the air monster in Roland!!!

Can't complain about the conditions today!


Too much fun today!!!

W:72/FD:44/F:4/S:12

No comments: