Saturday, June 22, 2024

Garage Works - 6/22/2024

I got a bunch done in the garage today.

First thing this morning I laminated the bottom deck of No.37.  I pulled back the basalt cover sheet and the carbon reinforcements, then poured the epoxy to get into the track slots (so everything is chemically bonded.

The basalt is halfway between carbon and fiberglass - so it goes in place pretty easily.


And after I came back from winging, I also sanded the laps - so now it is ready for the top deck lamination.  Before I go to sleep tonight I'll cut out the carbon and basalt so I can laminate tomorrow morning.


And I sanded the first fill coat on the big SUP foil board mast track.  I then got the second fill coat on.


I'll do the final sanding on this tomorrow morning, then flip it and get a new SUP handle installed.  Then this board will be ready to get back to Uncle Joe.

No comments: