Sunday, June 16, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 6/16/2024

Kalani and I hit Hickam on this Father's Day afternoon.  When we pulled up, Zach was finishing up (Harris, Matt, Jesse were still out - Clinton was setting up and Norm had just pulled up - full house).

There was texture on the water so I stuck to my plan - testing the Ezzy Flight 5.0 (latest version), along with getting the F One SK8 750 dialed in on No.36


I had a hard time getting the Ezzy to lift me off the water and onto foil.  Was on the struggle bus for about 18 minutes - but then I was out in the wind line and caught a gust.  All was good after that (until later when I was trying to head in).


The waves were really good - I saw almost everyone catching some good sized rides.

I caught a monster from the outside (was heading out to stronger winds so I could turn - just so happens the turn coincided with nabbing a freight train).

I had plenty of great rides today!


The wind was perfect for a 5.0 - but the Ezzy and I were not gelling today.  I sent Donnel an email with the feedback - but basically it didn't have low end (which is something I believe designers based on Maui don't get - lighter wind wings need to have some draft).


I really enjoyed the session - the wing was fine as long as there was decent wind, and the SK8 750/Carve 195 were really solid in the waves.  I even got the whole setup to 22.6 mph


Good Father's Day session!!!

W:70/FD:44/F:4/S:12

No comments: