Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 6/18/2024

Despite the clouds, there was wind today at the Plains.  And with the high tide, launching and landing were nice evolutions.

The only down side was the waves were on the small side.


I was optimistic and pumped up the SW2 4.7 - and for 90% of the session it was the perfect wing.  I'd say it was at the low end for the 4.7 - but I never felt like I was going to drift towards Camp Grounds.

I did setup the Eagle 890/DW190 on No.32 - more optimism (but well founded). 


There were waves - mostly wind driven swell.  They were fun to ride when you lined up with them - they just went on and on...


I got in a bunch of tacks on both sides,  On my heel-toe tacks, a few times I'd lose momentum and would drop off foil - if there was a downside to using the 4.7 today, this was it.


Good wind - just a bit up and down.


The drop offs were where I would trip on tacks.  More than a few of these - but no big deal (as the wind would ramp back up).

I was out for over an hour before Norm, Duke and Roland made it out.

I brought the GoPro out - I'll review the photos and repost if there are any good ones (update - here are some pictures from yesterday).

Outside tack (heel-to-toe)


Inside tack (toe-to-heel) - It looks like I breached the front foil...


Outside tack -


Inside tack





Fun session!

W:71/FD:44/F:4/S:12

No comments: