Friday, June 28, 2024

Garage Works - 6/28/2024

When I got home from work, there was some thermal winds swirling around.  I did not want to get tempted to wing, so I waited a bit.  That waiting manifested itself in the garage.

I sanded No.37 through the 40 grit rough sanding.

Here's the top deck -


And here's the bottom deck.

This board sanded down nicely.  I went ahead and got the bottom deck labels on before Marlon and I headed off to get a surf session in.


And after we got settled once we got back, I got 4.9 ounces of straight aluzine brushed on as a sanding layer and protectant of the labels.


Tomorrow after the dawn patrol, I'll get the same done to the top deck.  By the afternoon, I should be able to drill out the holes for the vent and the leash plugs.  

I'll leave the sanding for Sunday to let the epoxy harden up just a bit.

No comments: