Sunday, June 23, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 6/23/2024

Hit Hickam with Kalani today.

There was wind - and it was more consistent and stronger than yesterday.  But there were some epic lulls.

I set up the Ezzy Flight 4.0, and No.36 with the 90cm Aluminum PC mast, ART Pro 1001 and the 350P.  This setup was great when the wind was coming through - but sucked in the lulls.


I was hesitant early on to tack this setup - trying some tacks on the inside to work up, I would drop off foiling speed and had to start over.

But outside in the ridiculously strong wind, I would throw tacks on incoming waves, and tack on the inside of the channel marker to head back out.


I ended up catching a few of the better sized waves - super fun stalling just in front of the breaking section, swooping around and hooking a turn, then cracking a turn back in front to repeat it all over again.


Out running whitewater -


Not as bad as yesterday, but when the downs were around - nothing to do but sit and wait.  I think with the Spitfire 840 it wouldn't have been an issue.


When the wind was up, the lower foil set was making a lot of noise.  I'm going to have to tune these to get rid of the vibrations.


When the wind wasn't up, I was just drifting around.  Looks like I spent about a third of the time drifting.


W:76/FD:44/F:4/S:12

No comments: