Saturday, June 1, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 6/1/2024

Testing day at Hickam.  I brought this stuff out to see where it lined up on No.36


Lots of folks out today - even Mark the lifeguard was at Hickam.  He had a Neilpryde Fly 4.0 - I've never seen one of these up close.

Miles, Harris, Jim, Jesse, Arvin, Anson, Matt and Kalani were all out at one point


Up first for me was the Triton.  I ended up adjusting this a few times before getting the foot pressure mostly balanced.  If I were to use this more frequently, I would likely move the front footstraps back a couple of holes.

I couldn't pull a tack comfortably on this foil today - the wind was too up and down.  I brought this out because I am interested in the Triton X-1 Pro that is supposed to be coming out.




The wind was up and down and fluctuated direction a lot.  Made for really hard conditions.


Here's the track with the Triton.


Not bad for being on a wing a half meter too small for the predominant wind.


I went in a swapped out to the Axis ART Pro 1001 with the KD DW Race rear stabilizer.  I did make some adjustments as I was getting a bucking takeoff sequence.

If I had a bigger wing I think I could have gotten better feedback with this foil.


You can see I got in a few heelside tacks on the outside.

I know I can go faster on this foil - goes to show you how weird the wind was today.


And last but not least, I switched out to the Cabrinha H800 with the KD 14" Marlin.  At this point I also switched out the wing to the 5.5

I did make a few adjustments to get the foot pressure balanced.  I did end up venting a couple of times - which means I was starting to push the foil - but it could also have been the fluky winds.


Again with better conditions I'm pretty sure I can push this foil much faster.


Tomorrow I'm going to just focus on wave riding.

W:65/FD:40/F:4/S:12

No comments: