Thursday, June 27, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 6/27/2024

Thermals kicked in today - they were on the light side, but a doable levels.


I had been contemplating going out on the Foil Drive, but with the wind forecast for the upcoming downwind race not being super strong, I felt I needed to get some time using the North Mode Pro 6.8

For insurance, I also bolted on the F One Eagle 1090


This session actually turned out to be really fun!


Lots of North in the wind today.  And there were sets from a new swell coming through.  I had a couple of handfuls of really good head high waves.  And with the 6.8 - I jibed and had plenty of pull in the wing to get back out.

Roland came out with a 4.1 and Duke had a 6.0

On more than a few waves we were all stacked up - I'm so used to smaller wings and foils... top turning the 6.8 and 1090 was hard!!!!


Nice to know the 6.8 works well in these lower wind conditions!  Of course it helps using the Eagle 1090 - that is an incredible light wind foil!


Apparently there was a pretty big shark over at Coves - I had already come in (I could feel the wind subsiding).  Lots of chatter on the beach - considering the death up Laie, its obvious why people are focused on sharks.


W:78/FD:44/F:4/S:12

No comments: