Friday, June 19, 2020

Evening Session - 6/18/2020

Marlon and I went to PTs for an evening session yesterday.  The wind was up and it was chopping the surface up.  I could even feel the turbulence from the surface interacting with the foil as I was riding.  It made catching waves more difficult - so Wednesday was not a fluke - the choppiness made the waves at WPB harder to catch.  The tide was high at 1.7' and the swell was chest high.


Marlon was catching, but the wind seemed to be affecting his ride length - lots of aborts after the drops, especially as he went right (straight into the wind).  I had the same setup out as on Wednesday (wide 4'10", GL140, P18W, 24.5" mast) and I had a few takeoffs that made it totally worth it.  Towards the end of the session the wind did back down a hair and I was able to catch a few waves from the takeoff zone all the way to the beach.  A challenging but still fun day.

No comments: