Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Evening Session - 6/23/2020

Changed it up today - 72cm Armstrong Mast, CF1600 front wing, UNI tail with the 60cm fuselage - mounted on the skinny 4'10".


The tide was really high - 2.2'.  The wind was up from the E - 15+ kts - enough to chop up the surface.  It was so choppy at the onset that Marlon actually sat out the session.  The waves were waist high and fairly consistent.


The conditions made it challenging to get up on the board.  This setup has a tremendous amount of volume - left to it own, the board and foil would pop up out of the water.  It made for easier paddling, but it took me a few tries to get the balance points down.



This setup is super lightweight and once up on foil, it was pretty nimble.  I initially had the mast set just forward of where the Go Foil mast was (I had marked it with a pencil).  I came in after two waves and pulled it forward almost 3/4 of an inch - Transformed a bouncy ride with lift I had to work for into a smooth high riding easy glide festival.



If I go out tomorrow, I may hit WPB as Marlon had a good session there (next post).

No comments: