Friday, June 12, 2020

Evening Session - 6/12/2020

Marlon hit the beach with some friends earlier so he just came along for the chillax time.  We hit Pine Trees and there were actually more than a handful of people out - four Wing Foilers and a family of surfers.  The wind was up and steady - but it seemed to be coming from a direction that didn't chop the surface up so much (probably a little more N in it today).  It was definitely strong enough to keep the wing foilers going.


The tide was probably at 0.9' - I didn't have any adverse interactions with the bottom today.  The swell came down a notch from yesterday, but there was still enough energy to make good use of the GL140 (the only change I made to the gear today).


I caught a couple of handfuls - some really long rides back to the beach and a few fun takeoffs - I've said it before and I'll say it again, the GL140 is really fun on steeper takeoffs and when trying to whip a turn.  If the wave keeps a lump going I can keep with it, even if it involves a little pumping - then when the reform stands up closer to the beach I can pick up speed and have a little more fun.


If I had flipped the front wings (GL140 yesterday, GL180 today) I think both sessions would have been optimized - both were still really fun.

No comments: