Monday, June 8, 2020

Evening Session with Special Guests - 6/8/2020

Marlon didn't like surfing the full high tides the past few days - and with the swell dropping the prospect of going wasn't tickling his itch - so I was going to go solo BUT La and Noe wanted to get out of the house and go walking on the beach!  And they brought the big camera!



The wind was light and there was less chop on the water because of that.  There were two wing foilers out, but the wind pretty much died while they were out (not a fun paddle back in having to pack down a wing). 


The swell had also come down a notch - it was still chest high on the sets, but the norm was waist.  And to no one's surprise, the tide was high at 2.0'.  There were only a handful of people out when we got there, and by the time I finished, I was the only one out - perfect foiling conditions and no one out - you can't pay for that!!!


I had the wide 4'10", the tall mast, the GL180 and the P18W out.  The P18W is the fastest tail wing I have.  Minimal drag and enough tip to tip length to get the lift I want (as I'm 190#s).


I had some fun long waves with a couple of pump back out runs.  I had my fill and called it (didn't want to make La and Noe wait too long).  Being able to generate so much stoke from crap waves like this is such a blessing - I love foil surfing!!!

No comments: