Thursday, June 25, 2020

Evening Session - 6/24/2020

Marlon and I hit WPB in the late afternoon - was kinda hoping for a repeat of Tuesday evening - but alas, everyday is different.  The tide was high at 2.0', the wind was light, but the swell had started to decline - waist high was the norm and that was infrequent.


Marlon headed over to the Fenceline side - and he was catching a bunch.  I didn't see him much because I was way over on the right side in front of the cabins.  Even over there the crowd was thick.  But I did manage to get a couple of handful of waves.  After a calibration period (I botched the first three waves - the skinny 4'10" has a ton of buoyancy on its own - with the Armstrong foil bolted on it basically wants to fly away on its own so it is rather twitchy in the water).  I rode most of the rest all the way to the beach and got a few pumps back out.  Not a bad day out - even though the crowd was a bit stiffling.

No comments: