Thursday, June 4, 2020

Sanding and Cleaning on Break Day

My muscles were asking for a break day from surfing, so Marlon and I skipped today.  Instead, I setup the new 4'10" with the longer Go Foil mast, the GL140 front wing, and the Ono Foil W228 rear wing.



I had to sand the pedestal mount to fit the gen 1 mast - it didn't take too long and I probably only took 0.5mm off each side (not the top and bottom) from the interior of the pedestal.  I also sanded the repaired GL140 down to 400 on the bottom. 


I also dialed in the W228 rear wing to sit tighter against the Go Foil pedestal.  It was only a little concentrated sanding, but it made a noticeable difference in the seating.  I set a washer in the rear mounting hole (similar to the setup I have on the shorter mast).


When I take it out next (likely tomorrow), I know I'll have to make adjustments.  Besides the #3 screwdriver, I'll bring the 400 grit sandpaper and fair in the top and front.  I'll try and dig up some 800 and 1000 also to get the wing really smooth.


No comments: