Thursday, June 11, 2020

Evening Session - 6/11/2020

It was windy.  Real windy.  The trades were up and a bit stronger than yesterday - but if you paddled for the right wave, it was still fun.  Marlon and I got to the beach around 5 and we stayed out for a couple of hours.  The waves seemed like they were a little bigger than yesterday - so much so that I had to pull back from a few takeoffs to not blow up - I had the GL180 on (same setup all around as yesterday) but really could have had the GL140 on to take the drops.  I'm thinking it would also have been a good day to use the skinny 4'10" or even the 4'6" - less windage.  The tide was mid way up to a 1.5' high (we were out at 1.0').


It was challenging taking off because of the wind.  And it was even more challenging staying elevated on the foil.  Despite the challenges, I did catch a bunch and rode them nearly all the way in.  A few lined up and I got to build up some speed - so much fun!  I also did get bombed by white water a few times.  Marlon was taking a bunch of drops - almost non-stop catching!  You need days like this to make you a better surfer, and to also appreciate the perfect days.   

No comments: