Saturday, June 27, 2020

Evening Session - 6/27/2020

Went foiling at PTs.  It was a bit more crowded than normal - both in the water and on the beach.  The people on the beach were not social distancing at all...  and a lot of the people in the water were newbies that don't know etiquette.  Anyways - the wind was down, the tide was rising at 1.2' and the swell was inconsistent but shoulder to head high on the sets, waist to chest on the norm.


I brought out the wide 4'10" and the Go Foil with the GL180 - I was banking on a smaller swell based on some recon La and I did earlier on an errand run.  Well - on the outside takeoffs, I could have definitely used the GL140 - I would takeoff on some pitching waves and not make the drop - I think because of overspeed.  On the ones I did make, the GL180 did allow me to ride all the way in.  The entire session I felt a weird wobble and turbulence from the foil.  I tightened all the screws before leaving for the beach - and there wasn't a lot of chop on the water so I'm not sure why the drag was there.  Maybe coming off the Armstrong for the past for several sessions, I got used to the smoothness.  I'm thinking if I had the GL140, I would have made more drops and the turbulence was caused by the big wing going faster than it likes.  Good session regardless.

No comments: