Friday, June 26, 2020

Evening Session - 6/26/2020

Another solo session at PTs - today the gate was open so I drove through and parked much closer to the break.  The wind had a little more North in it today so it was really nice.  The tide was high at 1.7' - and the swell was picking up.  I had the same setup as yesterday and kept the mast in the same position - after today, I'll mark this position as it is optimized with controllable lift, glide for days and really good carves.


I had a bunch of waves where I would glide on a wall, crank a 180 on a section and repeat going back the other way all the way to the beach.  With the Armstrong, I feel like I can more easily harness the wave's energy - using subtle flowing movements to carve and gain speed - but I don't feel like I am going as fast as I do on the Go Foil GL wings with the P18W tail.  That said, and I've said this before - the Armstrong is just so smooth - and more often than not, I feel like I have the foil riding really close to the surface and I don't feel like I have to manage the ride to avoid breaching - I just go (which is not the same with the Go Foil).

I did try taking off on several bigger ones where the white water dumped on me - wiped on these.  With the swell filling in this weekend, I'll swap over to the wide 4'10" and the GL140.  The wide 4'10" is definitely a more stable platform and I seem to be more sure footed on it, but I'm getting used to the skinny 4'10".  Another great day foiling at PTs!!!



No comments: