Monday, February 1, 2021

And Laminated...

I hate glassing - always have, always will.  That said, glassing is an extension of shaping - just on the clock and a royal PITA.  Well - I glassed the NWFB after work today.  Tried to mix a bigger batch but wasn't using it fast enough and ended up getting a small blob of hard stuff above the handle location.  Also got a funny lift in the fiberglass on the rail.  At least the corners of the tail and all of the nose stayed down.

Nothing that a grinder and more fabric/resin can't correct. Tomorrow I'll clean up the lap, set up the top laminates and see if I have time to get that epoxied up.  I think I'll do each layer separately - the carbon lays down nicely - and I can even put layers of reinforcement in place.  The innegra is thick and really wants to unwind.  And I'll need to make the cover sheet of fiberglass reach a consistent point across the board - might be easier to do separately - its worth trying.

No comments: