Sunday, February 21, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 2/21/2021

The wind didn't come up on this side of the island until around 10am.  I wanted to stay close so I went to Hickam around 11am.  The wind was up and down, but there was enough for me to test out the NWFB.  



I nailed three tacks on the outbound legs today.  You can see them on the GPS track below (look for the loops)



I took the foot straps off so I could validate the locations.  They were pretty much spot on - but that is also the same place I'd put my feet when starting.  Keeping my feet in the foot straps before up on foil limits my mobility - so pumping becomes awkward and if the wind shifts, I've lost it more than a few times.  I think I actually prefer foiling without straps - but I do want to start jumping....  Either way, the next time I put straps on, I'll try out the offset position - I might also try the foot hooks I have.

No comments: