Monday, February 15, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 2/15/2021

I pulled a solo dawn patrol this morning.  I brought the same setup as yesterday, except that I switched out the Uni300 (since I cut it down) for the HS232.


The big surprise was the waves - breaking chest high!!!  I don't know where these waves came from but for the first hour, the rides were awesome!


The crowd was light - this is Monday after all.  Funny thing was I contemplated paddling in, going back home to grab the HS1250 and Marlon and paddling back out.  Right after I began thinking this, the waves dropped down a notch and I had a pretty long dry spell.  This picture represents what the second half looked like (smaller, less consistent).  Earlier was perfect!


One of the earlier waves I caught, I rode most of the way in, then pumped out and finished off with a roundhouse cut back on an incoming wave.  I knew this already, but pumping back out with the 232 rear stabilizer was way easier and riding a wave produced ridiculous speed (I forgot about that - even with the HS1850).

No comments: