Saturday, February 27, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 2/27/2021

Hit the dawn patrol this morning.  The surf was belly to chest, the tide was high at 1.5', and the wind was present (but not strong enough to wing).  The parking lot was only 1/3 full...


I saw Marlon riding several waves.  I brought the wide 4'10" and had the HS1550 with the chopped 300 on.  Coming off my first wave, the cuff section of my leash broke (the plastic portion cracked - no fixing this one).  I did catch a few more, but I had to pick and choose so I wouldn't lose the board.  The rides were mostly lefts - hard to ride into the building winds.


There was also a lot of energy hanging out in the top couple of feet of water - all the turbulence from the wind chop was making for hard takeoffs and stable rides.  Regardless of the challenges, it was nice getting to paddle.

No comments: