Thursday, February 4, 2021

More Sanding and Bottom Prep

I decided to grind and sand the bottom to see how the fill coat turned out.  Took a little longer than I thought it would, but most of the innegra fibers were kept under the resin.


Afterwards I went ahead and taped up the areas where the go faster stripes are going.


Go faster stripes down.


Unfortunately there are bleed through areas, so I needed to address those.  I went ahead and placed the label down also.


If you look closely, you can see the outline in front and back of each of the stripes.  I'll put one more sticker down and put the last fill coat on the bottom deck tomorrow.


The top deck is already sanded and ready to take a fill coat - that will likely be Saturday.  I'm starting to get the understanding of why these boards go for so much.

No comments: