Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Lap Clean Up and Bottom Deck Fill Coat

Spent the afternoon (after work) working on the NWFB.  I got the foot strap inserts opened, I sanded the laps, took down a lot of high points, then prepared the board for the first bottom fill coat.


The innegra frayed in some spots - but I used the plastic wrap to try and push these down into the epoxy.  We'll see if that worked tomorrow.  I'll sand down some of the excess, then paint some stripes on the board (and place the labels), then put the second fill coat on (to protect the labels and to add more layers onto the shallower spots.  

If all that goes well, I'll place the top fill coat on Friday, then on Saturday I'll sand down the excess on the top deck, drill in the leash plug and top deck vent.  Then Sunday I can grind down these plugs and go through the final sanding.  I'm kinda glad the wind is not forecasted to be up - more time to finish this board as well as the ding repair order I have sitting in the garage.  And also help Marlon with his alaia (that's another set of posts). 

No comments: