Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Morning Session - 2/17/2021

Not quite a dawn patrol - but still hit the beach in the morning.  I brought the same gear as yesterday, but this morning I put a coat of carnauba wax on the front foil and rear stabilizer to see if I could get rid of the draggy feeling I've been sensing from this setup. 


The waves had come down in size from yesterday evening - they were belly high with the occasional chest high set.  The tide was a dropping high, but with the smaller swell, the waves weren't breaking.  I had to shift around a bit to pickup some waves.  I paddled out and the first wave I caught, I got a 3 for 1.  I had another wave where I was pulling back to back banking turns.  The drag sensation was totally gone.  Some scientist I am - I should have just waxed the rear stabilizer first to see if that is where the drag was originating.  Oh well - I guess that means I have to foil more...  Oh - and the highlight of the morning was watching a booby use the ground effect to surf the air being deflected up from the front edge of the traveling waves.  I think that is one of the coolest things to observe while foiling myself - that is specifically why I have the sticker on my prone foiling boards.

No comments: