Tuesday, February 2, 2021

NWFB Top Deck Work

I was back at it after work.  I used the grinder to clean up the laps from yesterday.  I then went ahead and took down the laminate covering the SUP handle and the two foil tracks - I'll have to fill a few spots around the boxes.  I almost stopped at this point - but nope, I cut out the carbon, the innegra and the fiberglass.  Like I discussed yesterday, I decided to take a different approach - laminate each layer separately.


Totally worked!

 Addressing the laps was way easier and everything ended up super clean.  


Tomorrow I'll gently clean up the laps from today's lamination, then I'll grind open the footstrap inserts.  I'll use a hole saw and get the top deck vent in place.  I'll add a few spots of spray painted base, add some stickers that'll go under the fill coat.  And I'll finish it all off by applying the top deck fill coat.  That means bottom deck insert filling, spray paint the base for stickers, and bottom fill coat on Thursday with sanding and finishing to follow (probably not on Friday - the wind is supposed to come up). 

No comments: