Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 2/9/2021

The wind was forecasted to come up this afternoon - so I came prepared.  Since I'm about to have another wing foiling board to choose from (the Narrow Wing Foil Board - NWFB), I'll call this the Wide Wing Foil Board (WWFB).  The winds were not going to be nuclear, so I brought the Ensis 6.0 and the HS1850.  Perfect equipment for the conditions today. 


The forecast was not wrong.  In fact, on the gusts, the 5.2 would have been good also - but the 6.0 was great the whole session.  The wind was coming straight North - not a direction I normal wing in, but it has been a while so I'll take what I can get.  With no waves to be seen, I just worked on my transitions.  I never look at it as mowing the lawn - I always look for ways to go faster, foil higher and pull hard turns.  I also look at different foil/stab combos and mast positions to optimize for wave riding.  I also try out different pumping methods to get on foil quicker.  It's all just super fun!!!  Today I tried out a different leash - the Kaohi Coil (10') - I can now stop looking for the perfect leash (this is it!  Check the next post to see why - no dragging anymore!)


The track says it all... North winds.

No comments: