Thursday, February 18, 2021

Evening Session - 2/18/2021

When I got home today, Marlon had just finished taking his second mid-term.  He had also finished most of his chores, so he asked La if he could go surfing and she said 'yes' (YES!!!).  We packed up and hit the beach around 5pm.  When we got there, the easterly wind was killing the surf.  There was the weirdest current being driven by the wind swell.  I had the hardest time staying up on the foil - I was literally falling off the board because the foil wanted to go one way, and the board another.  I believe I may have also stumbled on another corollary - if the waves are under chest high, use the Uni 300 rear stabilizer.  I had the 232 on and I didn't feel balanced. 


Marlon wasn't having much better luck.  He took one in pretty soon after we got out and I followed on the only good ride I got.  I should have brought the wing out - but honestly the tide was a rising high, but while we were out it was still pretty shallow.  It was good to paddle around after work, but I think I would have had more effective use of time if I stayed in the garage (which I did when we got back - took out the broken screw in the NWFB, opened up the other foot strap insert holes so beach changing will be easier, tested out my new scale by measuring a small amount of epoxy, and added more resin to better seal the tips where the core got exposed).


The wind is supposed to be lighter tomorrow... if I go I'll bring the Go Foil.

No comments: