Saturday, June 5, 2021

Back on the New 4'8" Prone Foil Board

After the two recent board repair orders, I finally had a moment to start back up on getting the new 4'8" prone foil board glassed up.  This morning I went ahead and glassed the top deck - yes this is opposite of what I normally do, but this board is going to be different.  Since this blank is EPS, I want to see how light I can get it, while still making it bullet proof.


I am going to minimize the fiberglass usage on this one.  The top deck schedule is a 5.6 ounce patch of carbon where my rear foot will hit, a 3/4 length 2 ounce innegra deck patch, and a nose to tail, over the rail cover of 2 ounce innegra.


I mixed in some yellow tint in the epoxy and used about 20 ounces for the laminate.


I used saran wrap to get the innegra edges to stay close to the opposing edge of the relief cut and also to the board.  Trying to make life easier for laminating the bottom deck.


Next step is adding some fill around the mast track boxes and laminating the bottom deck.  Planning on using some of that innegra/carbon fabric I recently bought, and to make a clean edge, I'll use some carbon tape.  I'll precut the outline of the track boxes so I don't have to grind through the fabric (innegra.....).  I'll try to get this done this afternoon (after I get back from winging!).

I'm also toying around with drawing some nose art on this one - thinking ying-yang angry tiger....

No comments: