Sunday, June 27, 2021

Garage Works - 6/27/2021

Got a bunch of lawn work done today - then took a nap.  After my nap (I love naps), I headed into the garage to get some progress on some projects.  First up was getting Nick's kite foil board ready for some more epoxy work.  I removed more deck pad on the area I'm going to have to wrap.  I sanded the band around the board where the wrap is going to go.  Then I finished up by routing out four slot where I'm going to insert some bamboo chopsticks.  It was pretty warm today, so I opted not to mix epoxy. 



Up next was converting my 72cm Armstrong V1 mast over to the A+ system.  Here is the mast after I took it off the 4'8" board - no through the mast bolt yet.


All I did was watch the video Armie put up on YouTube.



Probably took 15 minutes.  I encountered a lot of debate on whether this modification is necessary.  In my mind, it can't hurt and I already have the hardware/conversion kit so bam - all done.


I also got the 4'8" sprayed with gloss coat.  I don't have any pictures of that, but I annotated the HS1250/300 bolt locations, cleaned up any dirt/salt on the board then sprayed the bottom.  Tomorrow I plop some sticker on it and do some touch up painting on the top - I will likely take a break from foiling tomorrow so I can rest up - so plenty of time to work on the board and finish it up.  While I was doing all that, Noe was in the garage with me sanding the components for her desk.  I let her use my shapimg/sanding rack.  When she was done, I started the big project - Kalani's wing foil board.


I got the bulk excess planed off both the bottom and top decks.  Kalani wants some of the fancy chines on the bottom deck - I'll start working on the rails tomorrow and then add the chines in after.


More garage work tomorrow (I think the swell will be dropping and the onshore breeze will kick in again - I'll wait for the trades to fill back in on Wednesday).

No comments: