Saturday, June 5, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 6/5/2021

After getting the top laminate on the new board, I went to Hickam to wing.  Winds were stronger than they have been - and Firsts was breaking!  I brought the same gear, but downsized the wing to the 5.2

I made a couple of runs to the corner buoy just to get a feel for the wind on the wing, then made a beeline for Firsts.  I got a bunch of rides on the rolling swell and got one breaker.  There were a bunch of surfers but we all stayed out of each others way.  The wind was gusting pretty strong so I made my way back to the inside where everyone else was - Harris (back from his injury), Kalani, Prayot, Ken and Brantley.  At some point the wind back down a notch and Kalani and I hit Firsts (again for me).  Kalani being goofy foot was ripping - the south shore breaks are pretty much perfect for goofy wingers.  I caught several more and even jibed right into a few waves.  I don't know why, but my regular footed rides would peter out.  


The rest of the session I was working on my transitions.  Powered up turns are so much fun.  I ended up riding 18.57 nm


Max speed today was 15.4 kt - pretty good for the HS1850.


Things to note today - lots of white terns coming back in from fishing.  And the asshole sailboat that normally blocks the line from the launch ended up grounding on the reef where Marlon and I fish.

No comments: