Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Evening Session - 6/22/2021

Another session with the 4'8".  This time I bolted on the HS1250.  I put on two 1 degree shims on to adjust the rear stabilizer angle to +1 degree relative to the fuselage.  I was doing this to correct the "nose down" attitude the foil/board has been flying with.  It isn't detrimental to flight - but it is not what I am used to and it is making me think too much. 


The waves were smaller - chest high on the sets, but belly for the most part.  The tide was really high and the wind was mostly down.  I caught a bunch of waves and most of my rides were long lefts.  The shims on the rear stabilizer did not really correct the alignment issue.  The HS1250 is a really good foil - doesn't over power on decent waves and I can pump back out without too much drama.  This might be my go to surfing foil this summer.  

After the session I took a hard look at the mast mounted on the board.  The back half of the board is just flat.  But for some reason the alignment of the front foil seems to have an upward bent to it (so it is not parallel to the board bottom - but actually closer to it).  I'm going to try shimming the front of the base plate to level it out.

No comments: