Saturday, June 19, 2021

Converting Front Foils

The other thing I got off my to do list was converting the Armstrong front foils to accept the A+ barrel nut.  I set up an assembly line and knocked them all out.


Watch the video Armie put out - pretty straight forward.  The only thing to watch out for is some of the wings will splinter on the exit side of the bit.  That is no big deal - just means you will have to use the file a little more than if it didn't happen.


Since I had these laid out, I figured I should take a picture.  These are the surfing foils - CF800, CF1200, HS1550 and the HS1432CS


And these are the winging foils - HA1125, HS1250, HS1520CS, and the HS1850.


Tomorrow I'll throw a coat of wax on the two chopped wings (I noticed drag on the HS1520CS last time I had it out).  I'll surf the 72cm mast tomorrow - hopefully that will break this negative trend.

No comments: