Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 6/9/2021

 Wind was supposed to be strong again today - and it did not disappoint.  I was out from 4 to 6pm.


The wind was pretty steady above 20, but when I was rigging up it didn't seem like 4.5 wind, so up went the 5.2 again.  The HA1125/232 also went on - so same setup as the second session yesterday.



Kalani setup up his 1550v1 and 300 rear.  Harris was also out so the three of us headed out to Firsts.  The wind was blowing harder outside - made me wish I had the 4.5.  After riding a few waves, I was milking one in to the inside of Firsts and noticed something dark in the water.  In the past these have turned out to be turtles, a monk seal and even a big manta ray - but this one was a 6' tiger.  From that point on I was trying to stay up on foil... On one ride, I actually hit Prayot's anchor line for his boat - good thing it is nylon.  And from that point on I was glad to have the 5.2 - got up faster out of the water.


Headed in after several more waves - with the wind blowing that hard, it was hard to get through tacks.  I got in 15.3 nm and hit a top speed of 17.6 kt


Roland and Prayot showed up later.  Roland was out on Prayot's new 4'10" and Prayot was out on Roland's 5'2".  With the wind as strong as it was, both were making really long runs and completing jibes.



Tomorrow I'm going to bring out the NWFB and the Go Foil - so I can start trying to jump.

No comments: