Thursday, June 24, 2021

Evening Session - 6/24/2021

I hit WPB this afternoon.  The swell was up, the tide was really high, and the wind was blowing.  I should have brought the winging gear....

But I did want to test out some other adjustments on the new 4'8" in the quest to get it dialed in.  I brought the same setup as last time - HS1250/Chopped 300/60 A+/72 cm mast.


First off, I put two shims under the front screws of the mast base to correct the nose down attitude of the board.


This actually worked really well - the board was riding level and it was way easier to make the drop and set up for the ride.


I also brought the mast back up to where I had the base when I was using the CF1200.  This totally balanced the pressure between my feet.  I'm thinking I need to remove one of the1 degree shims from the rear stabilizer to get the drag down (I could feel it when I was on a run).


I caught four really good rides from the outside and rode them all the way in.  I had two waves where I got in a bunch of tight turns - the last turn on one was a full carving 360.  And I did get more than my share of botched takeoffs - with all the chop today, it was actually really hard to ride.  Unless you are Eli and on a 4.5m Ensis - you would end up ripping all over the place.  Well I had fun regardless.

No comments: