Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 6/8/2021

Yesterday I had a two part session.


The wind was pretty crazy - I was out from 3 to 5 and it was so much fun!!!


First session was on the HS1532CS and the chopped 300 rear stabilizer - I got to 13.5 kts and did 6.78 nm.  I spent a bunch of time out at Firsts and got a bunch of rides.  I had not used this foil since I recently sealed it - but I also didn't wax it yet either and I could feel the drag from the sanded surfaces.  Since the winds were nuking, I went in to change the front foil out.





Back out on the HA1125 and the 232 rear stabilizer.  I was initially concentrating on my transitions - I haven't spent nearly as much time on this foil as I would have liked to - the HS1850 is just too much fun.  And after I got comfortable again, I headed outside to Firsts again.  The HA1125 rides waves well - mainly due to the controllable lift and the speed it can carry - no blow ups ever.


On this run I did 11.15 nm and got to 15.9 kt - which is funny because I can hit this speed on the HS1850...


Prayot was back on the HS1850 and the Ensis 5.2 - and he was finally up on foil more than not.  Roland was also up using his Ensis 4.5.


Super fun session and stoked for Prayot being able to foil longer distances and jibe.

No comments: