Monday, June 21, 2021

Evening Session - 6/21/2021

Marlon and I hit WPB for an evening session.  I brought out the 4'8" with the same setup as yesterday (CF1200/Chopped 300).  Here I am double checking to see if the foil is in the right position.


The water had a little chop in it, but it wasn't bad enough to throw me off.  The waves were smaller than yesterday and the tide was dropping (so the lips weren't pitching today).  My first ride I taco'ed (and was lucky I didn't hit).  On my second wave I fell again and grazed my hip.  The sweet spot on this 4'8" is much smaller than on the wide 4'10" - so I'll attribute the falls to getting used to everything.  I did notice on my long rides, the board had a nose down orientation.  Going to have to shim the chopped 300 rear stabilizer to get the nose to level out.  My next several waves were much longer and I was able to maneuver between open face, dropping sections and incoming white water to crank some hard turns on.

I only saw Marlon on one wave today - nothing like yesterday - but I take what I'm given with joy and thankfulness.  


I did remember to look at my feet to note their positioning.  I'll wait one more session before placing the traction pad for the rear foot.

Fun day!

No comments: