Sunday, June 13, 2021

Late Post - Garage Works and Prone Foiling Session

I forgot to post yesterday's stuff.  I got the logos and fill coat on to the 4'8" prone foil board yesterday.


I only had one innegra spot to deal with - so this board has been glassing pretty well so far.  This evening I got the top fill coat on - didn't take pictures.


Yesterday I also spliced on the offcut foam onto the skinny foilboard blank.  Used Gorilla Glue and straps so I've got more meat to work with (for Kalani's board).  Today I measured out the centerline of the board (no stringer on this blank), and placed some length markers.  I'll cut out the 5'2" Quatro Wing Drifter Template and mark out both that board and a 4'10" to 5'0" Jimmy Lewis Flying V.

Yesterday I also put the mast extension on the 29.5" Go Foil mast.  Next time I feel like mixing it up, this will be the go to.


Yesterday I also got in a prone foil session at WPB.  The tide was pretty high so I rode without too much concern.  I brought out the NL160.  I paddled over to Cabins and Two Cots and got some pretty long rides.  I also pumped back out multiple times and got a few 2 for 1s.  My top speed was 18.7 mph.
7

Here on Oahu, there are a lot of people that knock Go Foil.  I'm not one of them - I love the way these foils work.  My only complaint is access to the latest wings seem to be an exclusive with sponsored riders - they'll post on IG and then it'll be months before the rest of us can get the foils.




No comments: