Sunday, June 6, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 6/6/2021

I hit Kailua this morning for the wing session.  Wind was nice and strong - same setup as yesterday (HS1850, Ensis 5.2).


This morning was awesome!!!  Got plenty of waves at Jump City - and rode while luffing the wing several times (because the wind-swell alignment favors regular foot).  I was finding it easier to pre-switch feet on the outbound runs and just jibe back (instead of tacking - too choppy on the outside).  And on the inside I could just jibe through and switch feet after the turn.


The 5.2 was perfect today - I was out from 8:30 to 10:15 and got in 13.26 nm.


Max speed was 15.9 kt - I'm pretty sure that was on a head high rolling swell, lined up and running full speed.  I was up on foil for most of the session - with only a few falls due to breaching.  


So much fun!!!

No comments: