Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 6/2/2021

Hit Hickam after work.  The wind was marginal, but it has been a while since I went out - I figured it would be good light wind training.  I brought out the big stuff - Ensis 6.0, HS1850, WWFB.


The wind ended up being up and down - sometimes I was schlogging, sometimes I picked up a gust.  The wind had a bunch more North in it than usual.  Made for non-standard conditions - but I was lucky and made it back to the launch.


I was out from 3:30 to 5 pm - from the chart you can see the trades wanting to start up again - but there was still a bunch of shifting.


I covered 9.3 nm and topped out at 14.3 knots (no surprise there).

Got a ton of low wind transitions in - and surprisingly I made a bunch of them - definitely harder to pull when there isn't a bunch of energy to pull you through.  Tons of fun today - but looking forward to tomorrow!!!

No comments: