Saturday, May 14, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 5/14/2022

Dawn patrol this morning - calm winds, thigh high swell and a pretty low tide.  Yesterday I already decided to take out the recently repaired Toots Asymmetric 7'4" Mid Length.  Marlon brought his longboard and the new Air 2S drone.


This is a really fun board!  It is really fast on my toe side, and it turns nicely on heel side (like asymmetrics are supposed to).  I need to put more wax up front - the volume distribution is such that I could get pretty far up there.  I can see myself using this a lot when the waves get good - or even on those low tide mornings where I don't necessary want to bring the foil out. 


EN twin on the toe, Ryan Lovelace Quad on the heel.


I saw Marlon on a few.  He went in earlier than I did to break out the new drone.  I went over to watch him once I had the board in the truck.  It looks more robust than the Mini 2 he had been flying.

W:40/F:44/S:15

No comments: