Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 5/24/2022

Marlon and I hit WPB this afternoon - got there just before 4pm.  I was setup and out in the water within 10 minutes.  The wind was really good - perfect conditions for the Takuma RS 6.1 and the Kujira 1440.  So good in fact, Marlon initially opted to just drone.

I was out and stayed a little further out because the wind line seemed stronger outside.  I was able to jibe onto a few waves and eeked out some fun rides - then the wind died.  I then spend the next hour trying to get back to the launch.  I was able to get up on foil a few more times, but the wind field wasn't wide enough for me to pull upwind.  I eventually paddled in over at Two-Cots.

Roland said he didn't even get up.  Kalani got up only to hit the big lull.


So I ended up doing the walk of shame... at least I didn't have to get picked up at Camp Grounds!

Marlon ended up surfing on his longboard.  Looked like it would have been fun prone foiling.


And there it is on the meter - good for 20 minutes, then really calm (with a hard swing in the wind direction - total bait and switch!).

Since I did get up and catch a few waves, I'm counting this session.

W:44/F:48/S:15 

No comments: