Sunday, May 22, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 5/22/2022

Did a group session with Kalani and Tim today.  Matt, Jim, Bill, Harris, Eric and another all went out also.  Wind was a lot like yesterday - good at times, then just strong enough to stay on foil - but then there would be lulls where everyone went down.  I had the big wing and front foil out today - so I was able to stay up longer than most.


Kalani had bought a new 6.2 Ensis Score.  I lined it up with the RS 6.1 to compare and contrast.  The RS has some extra girth in the center strut and the middle of the leading edge.  There is also more dihedral in the RS.  I personally like the fact there are no windows on the RS and it is piece of mind that the trailing edge should help extend the service life of the RS.






And lined up against the Ensis V2 6.0m.  Pretty much the same profile, but you can see some girth differences also.




Lots of blue mixed in to all that orange and yellow.  I spend most of the session hugging the taxiway (its always windier there).  I did take a jaunt out to Firsts.  The wind is normally stronger out there, but that was not the case today.  The wind was also super easterly - different lines than usual.

I caught two waves and then made my way back in (it was getting really light).


During the second half of the session, there was a strong shift to northerly winds (NNE was what I was experiencing).  The track shows this on the lines towards the left (in front of the beach area).

Lots of holes today.  Harris came out late - he said the wind died (looks like it around 3:30) and he had to swim in.  Arguably yesterday was a better day - I ended up going a hair slower than yesterday as an example, but it really cool when this many people are out winging.


W:43/F:48/S:15

No comments: