Monday, May 2, 2022

Garage Works - 5/2/2022

The continuing saga of ding repairs.  When I cleared the broken boxes and surrounding HD foam from this board, there were some significant depressions and tears in the underlying foam.  I had to seal those voids so when I place epoxy it doesn't pool and burn out the remainder of the foam.  I used some loctite polyurethane spray foam, then placed plastic wrap over it, and got it to stay in place by adding blocks and weights on top of the plastic.



After an hour, I removed all of the blocking and weights, and the plastic wrap so the foam can air dry.  Tomorrow I'll rerun the router over the hole to get the depth correct again.

I also fixed the tiny ding in my 6'8" Sunday, and the bad spots on the Toots Asymmetric 7'4".  I mixed 0.2 ounces of epoxy resin with 0.08 ounces of hardener.  I added about 2 tongue depressors worth of milled fibers to make sure these repairs would have some strength behind them.


I'll sand these down tomorrow and they should be ready for the swell that is hitting.

No comments: